Sales Consultant (m/f/x)
|Location:||Shanghai, China 200080|
FRABA is a group of enterprises focused on providing advanced products for the motion control and industrial automation market. With subsidiaries in China, Germany, The Netherlands, Poland, USA and Singapore, FRABA is offering global support to its customers worldwide. FRABA Group is covering position sensors under the brand POSITAL as well as safety sensors under the brand VITECTOR.
The business in Asia is currently managed and supported from Singapore with a network of more than 30 distributors across Asia. In 2015, we opened the first representative office in Shanghai in response to the growing demand for POSITAL products that are proven on the Chinese market since more than fifteen years.
We are now searching for a sales engineer in Beijing or another suitable location in Northern China who will help to grow our network of partners and business in Northern China. This sales engineer will be part of the China team and attend team meetings in Shanghai once a month, but will work from home office for most of the time.
It is our philosophy to offer a challenging, yet rewarding work environment for every employee of our team. Total information, dynamic development, competence and fair sharing are our values. At FRABA, leadership is not depending on education or hierarchy, but on knowledge and performance of each individual.
The mission of this Sales Engineer is to maximize the long term the sales volume of POSITAL products and to significantly increase the brand awareness and market coverage.
- Represent POSITAL towards customers and provide the necessary technical consulting to select the best solutions
- Keep track of all started sales projects
- Report on all customer meetings in writing and take care of the necessary follow-up actions
- Inform distributors about promising applications and provide the necessary training to the sales and support teams
- Select promising prospective customers together with distributors and support distributors during joint customer visits
- Active participation in marketing events such as exhibitions and customer seminars
- Setup of additional online marketing and sales channels
Key business areas of focus:
- Sales revenue
- Quality rates
Key qualitative areas of focus:
- Professional representation of the company
- High level technical consulting and support to distributors customers
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty: POSITAL should become the customer first choice for position sensors.
- Detailed reports on all customer meetings within 3 working days including business opportunities, status of sales projects, necessary actions etc.
If you have the initiative, knowledge, information, energy and courage to make a decision, we urge you to do so. At FRABA everybody has the chance to become a leader. It is up to you to take your chance.
It is our philosophy to hire talented individuals, who are willing to learn and develop their skills, not specialized know-how. As an applicant you should fit into the following profile:
- University degree in electrical, mechanical or automation engineering
- 2 years of work experience in engineering or technical project management
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese and English language
- Ability to work independently as part of our China team
- Native Mandarin speaker
- Driving license
- Ability to travel in China
The Sales Engineer will work closely with different distributors in China and with the POSITAL team in Singapore and Shanghai. Members of the Singapore team are visiting China at least once a month to ensure a close personal support and training.
The Sales Engineer will report to the team leader for our China team. All reports have to be provided in English language and support and training will also be provided in English language.
- Quality and frequency of reports on customer meetings
- Effectiveness of support to OEM customers and distributors